Buying a home
How I Help You Buy Your Home
Whether you’re new to the market and it’s your first home, or you’re an experienced buyer, purchasing a home is often described as an emotional and stressful process. It doesn’t have to be! As your professional real estate advisor, you can trust me to help you find a home in the neighborhood you want to live in, for a price that aligns with your budget, with terms that honor your risk tolerance, all while meeting your unique desires for features, quality and value. Once you find the home that’s just right for you, you can count on me to guide you through the offer process, negotiate on your behalf and work tirelessly to keep the transaction moving smoothly toward the finish line.
By working with me you will:
· Be more likely to find the home that meets your criteria
· Lessen the amount of time it takes for you to find your home
· Become well-informed about the terms, processes and documents involved in a home purchase
· Receive up-to-date market information to enable you to make informed decisions
· Represent your needs through skilled negotiations and effective communication
· Have peace of mind knowing that all the details of your purchase are in experienced, capable hands
Why work with a buyer’s agent?
Some buyers think that in the age of technology they can go it alone. True, technology puts much more information into the hands of consumers, but it cannot replace the skills and experience of a flesh and blood real estate professional. As your buyer’s agent, I will represent YOUR interests and guide you through the entire process from helping to locate properties, to negotiating the best price for you, through to closing and getting your keys. Even with technology at your fingertips, most buyers prefer to hire a buyer’s agent, one who owes the full range of duties including confidentiality and loyalty; there is no cost to you and in the maze of forms, pricing, negotiation, financing, and inspections, it’s in your best interest to work with a trusted advisor who puts your needs and interests first.
Are you Ready to Buy a Home?
If the answers to these questions are “yes” you are probably ready!
1) Do you have steady, reliable income?
Have you been employed on a regular basis for the last two years and do you expect to maintain your employment?
2) Do you have a reliable record of paying your bills?
Have you made regular, on-time payments? (p.s. even if you’ve struggled with this, there are loan programs out there)
3) Do you have money saved up for down payment and closing costs?
Contrary to popular belief, here’s the good news- you don’t need 20%! Many loan programs provide for 10% or even as little as 3% down on the purchase of a home. If you’re a veteran, don’t forget to ask about VA loans!
4) Can you pay a mortgage each month?
Be sure to factor in taxes, insurance and maintenance costs.
5) Are you tired of making someone else’s mortgage payment?
Everyone needs a place to live. Would you rather that monthly payment go towards building equity in YOUR portfolio or someone else’s (i.e. your landlord’s?)
It’s hard to keep track of all the features you see and want to take note of, so I have created this form for you to use on your home tours.